Monday, September 15, 2008

5 and counting...

I have 5 pieces done, drying, and soon ready to bisque. I now think that planning to make around 10 was not at all too ambitious, especially considering that I've already started 2 more of the main pieces, and I have about 5 little Emergelings in various stages of production that I will of course be test firing before any of the bigger ones go anywhere near the raku kiln.

As far as I know, I will be bisque firing with a couple of other people on either the 21st, 24th, 27th, or some combination of those dates, and rakuing whenever I please after that. It is perhaps worthy of noting that if you are going to be here for a relatively short stay (1 month, perhaps?) that, though the staff may not mention it, you ought to get yourself on the kiln schedule as quickly as possible. It's an amazingly busy place.

Anyway, thought you all might like a preview. I already have names and glazes picked out for these, but I did just say this was only a preview... Comments, thoughts, suggestions, etc. would of course be appreciated!











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though these are just in the beginning stages, they are breathtaking!! Would not change a thing. We are so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

I agree, these look great so far. I especially like the large one with the cut-out in the side.

Anonymous said...

It's great to see some of your sketches come to life. Fantastic, fabulous, flowing forms! No, I'm not prejudice :) It's been wonderful to be able to share so much of the process you have gone through this past year to get where you are.........and you really are someplace! What a list of accomplishments for only one year!!!

Meredith said...

I am so glad you all like them!